Planning on an outright cost of demolition in your renovation project? Consider giving those materials to a non-profit organization ensuring they are reused, resold, recycled and/or repurposed. In doing so, the non-cash charitable donation of those materials entitles the donor to claim the fair market value of all donated materials as a tax deduction. Additionally, even the fee associated with the deconstruction may be tax deductible.
The terms “renovation” and “partial deconstruction” are synonymous. Even with a small project, you will be surprised at the materials that can be reused and their associated values, as well as how quickly the donation value of those materials can add up to a significant tax savings.
Working with Green Donation Consultants provides these benefits:
- Tax Saving Opportunities for You Because our expert appraisers are fully credentialed, Green Donation Consultants has the experience and education to determine the full fair market value of charitable donations for the maximum tax benefit. By taking advantage of the opportunities afforded by the deconstruction process and the tax savings it offers, deconstruction adds equity to the project and pulls every dollar of value out of your project.
- Audit Expertise We’ve completed literally thousands of deconstruction appraisals since 2010 and have had very few audited by the IRS. Due to our expertise and experience in front of the IRS, we are the choice of many CPAs, financial consultants, and tax attorneys for research and expert testimony on used building material donations. Because of the sheer volume of support we provide in every charitable donation documentation packet, Green Donation Consultants’ valuations are “the last word” in fair market valuations of both used building material and personal property donations. We are quite literally the #1 name in charitable donation appraisals nationwide.Why roll the dice and play the Audit Lottery with a less qualified firm? Go with the industry leader with the proven track record, Green Donation Consultants!
- Costs for Deconstruction vs. Demolition Because deconstruction is more labor intensive, the fees are typically higher than demolition. The difference however, is more than offset by the substantial tax savings available only to deconstruction projects. If you are considering a materials-based donation, contact us to learn how you can take full advantage of this valuable deduction!
- The Easiest Consulting Firm to Work with Nationwide Green Donation Consultants offers a full spectrum of services to assist our clients. We can handle the complete deconstruction and donation from start to finish or only provide the documentation necessary to claim the tax benefits. We will work in whatever form or fashion you require so that at the end of the day, you realize Green Donation Consultants was a major asset to your project both financially and environmentally. Our services are available anywhere in the continental USA. We are only a phone call or email away!
- No-Cost, No-Obligation Estimates We offer free estimates to determine the full fair market value of a potential donation. Armed with that information, the owner can make an informed decision either to deconstruct or demolish the structure. Meaning he or she can decide to take advantage of the potential LEED points, tax savings, environmental and societal benefits or a decide to throw everything away in the local landfill and accept the accompanying un-reimbursable expenses. When all the facts and components are reviewed, we know the decision is easy.