Want to add significant financial value and additional LEED points to your next commercial project? Deconstruction, the process of selective disassembly of an existing building, allows you to tap into the value of the used building materials while offsetting costs and taxes.
If you are a residential builder, you may have to clear or gut properties before construction begins. The traditional demolition process is costly with labor, transportation, and disposal fees. What if you could access the financial value of the old building material while simultaneously offsetting the expense of its removal AND gain additional LEED points? The used building materials in your project have a real, tangible value (tax deductions, societal and environmental benefits) that traditional demolition isn’t designed to extract and cannot tap into.
The solution is simple with an age old process (or variation of) called deconstruction. Deconstruction disassembles the current structure piece by piece in such a fashion, the pieces can be reused and given a second life. This allows the deconstructor to leverage the financial value of the used building materials through a donation to a 501(c)3 charity. Per the US Tax Code, the full fair market value of the donated used building materials is tax deductible. Additionally, any deconstruction expenses over and above the typical demolition expense is also tax deductible. The deconstruction process may even qualify for LEED points as well as helping to keep the project in compliance with local environmental/governmental regulations.
Green Donation Consultants is nationally regarded as the leader in building deconstruction. Our deconstruction documentation packets (including a used building materials appraisal) account for and fully support the full fair market value of a donation of those used building materials. With thousands of completed projects and almost a decade of experience, your clients can rest comfortably when choosing to work with us. Green Donation Consultants is the premier deconstruction consulting firm in the nation!
Working with Green Donation Consultants provides these benefits:
- Tax Saving Opportunities for Your Clients and/or Your Company Because our expert appraisers are fully credentialed, Green Donation Consultants has the experience and education to determine the full fair market value of charitable donations for the maximum tax benefits. By taking advantage of the opportunities afforded by the deconstruction process and the tax savings it offers, you add equity to your projects and pull every dollar of value out of your project.
- Audit Expertise We’ve completed literally thousands of deconstruction appraisals since 2010 and have had very few audited by the IRS. Due to our expertise and experience in front of the IRS, we are the choice of many CPAs, financial consultants, and tax attorneys for research and expert testimony on used building material donations. Because of the sheer volume of support we provide in every charitable donation documentation packet, Green Donation Consultants’ valuations are “the last word” in fair market valuations of both used building material and personal property donations. We are quite literally the #1 name in charitable donation appraisals nationwide.Why roll the dice and play Audit Lottery with a less qualified firm? Go with the industry leader with the proven track record, Green Donation Consultants!
- Costs for Deconstruction vs. Demolition Because deconstruction is more labor intensive, the fees are typically higher than demolition. The difference however, is more than offset by the substantial tax savings available only to deconstruction projects. If you or your client are considering a materials-based donation, contact us to learn how you too can take full advantage of this valuable deduction!
- The Easiest Consulting Firm to Work with Nationwide Green Donation Consultants offers a full spectrum of services to assist our clients. We can handle the complete deconstruction and donation from start to finish or only provide the documentation necessary to claim the tax benefits. We will work in whatever form or fashion you require so that at the end of the day, you realize Green Donation Consultants was a major asset to your project both financially and environmentally. Our services are available anywhere in the continental USA. We are only a phone call or email away!
- No-Cost, No-Obligation Estimates We offer free estimates to determine the full fair market value of a potential donation. Armed with that information, you and/or your clients can make an informed decision. A decision can be made to take advantage of the potential LEED points, tax savings, environmental and societal benefits or a decision can be made to throw everything away in the local landfill and accept the accompanying un-reimbursable expenses. When all the facts and components are reviewed, we know the decision is easy.